Samsung released its first smartphone with Infinity-O display (Galaxy A8s) on December 10. The device features a triple rear cameras along with the fingerprint sensor.Galaxy A8s smartphone measures 7.4mm thickness and weighs 173 grams.The smartphone will be available in three different colors : Blue, Silver and green.
Samsung Galaxy A8s Specifications
Samsung sports a 6.4-inch FHD+ display with a resolution of 1080×2340 pixels and an aspect ratio of 19;5:9 .The device is powered by Octa-core snapdragon 710 processor clocked at 2×2.2GHz + 6×1.7GHz along with 6GB/8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal memory.Only the blue color variant of Galaxy A8s will come with 8GB RAM.
Galaxy A8s comes with a 24-megapixel (f/1.7) primary camera and a 10-megapixel (f/2.4) secondary camera on the rear and a 24-megapixel front shooter for selfies.The device is powered by a 3400mAh battery.
Connectivity options of Galaxy A8s include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, USB Type-C, Active 4G on both SIM cards, 3G and 4G (with support for Band 40 used by some LTE networks in India). Sensors on the phone include Face unlock, Fingerprint sensor, Compass/ Magnetometer, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor and Gyroscope.
Galaxy A8s Features
- Dimensions: 158.4 × 74.9 × 7.4 mm for 173 grams
- Android 8.1 Oreo operating system
- Full HD+ screen of 6.4 “and curved 19.5: 9 of 2.5D
- Octa core of the Snapdragon 710 mobile platform from Qualcomm (2x Kryo 360 at 2.2 GHz + 6x Kryo 360 at 1.7 GHz)
- Adreno 616 GPU
- 6/8 GB of RAM 128 GB of internal memory expandable to 512 GB
- Dual SIM Connectivity 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac, VHT80, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, GLONASS, NFC, USB Type C fingerprint sensor
- Front camera 24MP f / 2.0
- Triple rear camera: 24MP f / 1.7 + 10MP telephoto lens f / 2.4 + 5MP depth f / 2.2
- 3400mAh battery
The pre-orders for this smartphone will begin on December 21 in China at a price not yet announced.